Monday, June 22, 2015

Praying for Rain, by David C. Moon

Parched soil, cracked, hardened by unrelenting daily heat
Swirling clouds of dust fill my soul, choking the light
Tender shoots springing from my heart wither, collapsed, gasping
Clasped hands, bowed head, the priest on bended knee
Gives voice to my soul, pierced through with many sorrows1
To thee I witness my heart, imprinted with His name
My mind, to always remember Him
My life, bound by covenant to keep thy law
Please, Father, send rain.
I thirst.2
Then came there forth both blood and water.3
This is my blood which is shed for the remission of sins.4
I will pour water upon him that is thirsty and floods upon the dry ground.5
Great drops falling down,6 slowly at first
Splattering in the dust, softening the thirsty soil
The drizzle turns to downpour
Soaking, soothing, healing, filling my soul
How can a small plastic cup hold such a flood?
Drenched in Spirit, poured out from heaven, my cup runneth over7
Living Water refreshes, renews, as I recommit
Tender shoots springing up unto everlasting life.8

11st Timothy 6:10
2 John 19:28
3 John 19:34
4 Matthew 26:28
5 Isaiah 44:3
6 Luke 22:44
7 Psalm 23:5

8 Doctrine and Covenants 63:23

No comments:

Post a Comment